Monday, May 16, 2011

Just a Snippet

Hellooooo!!!  Inquiring minds want to know!  I've had a couple of messages recently pointing out that I haven't blogged lately.  It's true, I haven't.  Let's see....I'm pregnant!  No, that's not true.  We've packed up and moved to the islands!  No, not true.  Been cleaning and organizing!  Big-time not true!

Truth is, Spring is full of so many fun things, and I haven't been able to catch my breath, in a good way!  I love everything that Spring brings....except for the scorching heat which will soon follow.  But for now, we're basking in the glory of Spring!

So for anyone who is interested, and for my kids to read someday, here is a snippet of our lives from the past few weeks, not in chronological order...skim through it and you'll be caught up and we'll move on from there. :)

My birthday!!  Each year brings me closer to 40, but I. am. not. skeered.  40 is the new 20 they say.  Or maybe 40 is the new 30.  I don't know.  My philosophy is that as long as you don't act old, then you're NOT old!  I had a lovely day.  My hubby whipped up an omelet for me.  My Bible study girls celebrated me with cake and flowers.  My sweet friend texted me during Bible study to see if she could take me to lunch.  (Now you know that normally I don't leave my phone on the table during Bible study, but only on this one special day, just in case someone wanted to text me to take me to lunch, I left it there.  And what do you know?? A lunch text!)  And pictured below is our Mexican food birthday dinner with my peeps.



We also celebrated this girl.



And this guy.



Two words.  Kenny Chesney concert.  And Dierks Bentley.  And the Zac Brown band.  And Uncle whoever-you-are that hangs out with Kenny Chesney.  Just kidding.  Uncle Kracker.  We bought those tickets about 6 months before the concert, so by the time it arrived, we were just down right giddy! So. Much. Fun.



He is Risen, He is Risen indeed!!  Easter, my personal favorite.  Celebrating that because Jesus lives, I live!  As you can see, we trade in our t-shirts and jeans for "church clothes" to celebrate this special day.



Mother Daughter weekend at Pine Cove.  Sweet time away with my daughter listening, praying, laughing.  And I ziplined.  And Mark cut Brady's hair when I was away.



Where do you go with a backstage pass at the House of Blues??  Right here, with this guy, Ryan Miller.  Mark's friend from high school is in a band called Guster, yep a real live band, has real CDs and travels all over the world doing real live shows!   Here we are hanging with a Rockstar!



And we've had Field Day!



And we've watched the First Grade Program!


And slap yo mama, we boiled crawfish!  100 men, women, and children showed up on the block to partake of God's gift to Louisiana, boiled crawfish!  Laissez les bon temps rouler!


And this past weekend, Mark's dad was re-elected to the City Council of Richardson.  Congrats!


And there you have our lives in 11 pictures :)  Until next time...Waiting in hope for the Lord, rejoicing in his name, resting in his unfailing love.

7 comments:

Mark S said...

Who dat...

Barb said...

What?! Mark cut his hair while you were gone? Did you know he was going to do it?

Barb said...

obligatory extra comment to get the "I want follow up emails." Why don't I get that option the first time?

April said...

I was hoping someone would catch that little comment I just "slipped" in there :)
No I didn't know. I got home and Brady was sleeping. When he woke up I rushed in there to get him and immediately noticed and yelled out "Mark, did you cut his hair???" And he sheeplishly said "yes, and as I was doing it I was thinking Oh I shouldn't be doing this!"
He really just trimmed his bangs a bit, they were totally in his face, but it was definitely noticeable.

Jill said...

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!! Love this post! Love all the pictures!!

Jill said...

Barb....I think if we sign into blogger before going to April's blog....it will give us the option the first time.....when we just click on her blog without signing in first....we don't get the option. =)

Angel said...

WOW! No wonder you didn't blog, busy lady! So glad to be a part of it! :) You called me sweet just so I'd do it again, didn't you?