For many years, you've probably heard Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas" played way more often than it should be, once December rolls around. But no matter how much I chuckle at that song, as soon as I hear it start playing on the radio, I quickly notice that my hips are shaking, my toes are tapping, my head is boppin, and pretty soon I've pulled out all the MOVES and it's a full-blown episode of "So You Think You Can Dance" right here in my living room!
Here's the song for your own listening pleasure...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8rY0Fyws20
Unfortunately I was FOOLED twice today by alternate versions of this song! I start to hear the opening jingle, I'm feeling the moves, and then I stop b/c something isn't right! I look over at the TV (that functions as the radio), and it's the same song, being sung by kids. And bless their hearts, cute and all, but you know that no one other than Mariah Carey can really convince you that the only thing you truly want for Christmas is your baby!
Bummer.
Just now, which is what prompted this writing in the midst of other Christmas preparations I should be doing, I hear the jingle again, start shaking, stop, look over, and it's a borderline COUNTRY version! Oh dear, what is the world coming to? When a master voice like Mariah puts out a song, just know that it can't be duplicated! Got it??
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Got it.. and All I want for Christmas is You baby...
Post a Comment