Friday, November 2, 2007

O Canada

A few weeks ago, Mark and I had the most awesome blessing of a 3-day weekend together. Mark had a conference to attend in Niagara Falls, Canada, and it worked out that I could go with him. It is one of those places that is too perfect and awesome to do it justice in a blog, but maybe you'll enjoy the pictures anyway. Our hotel overlooked the falls, we had the best view possible, so I could sit by my window and watch them all day and night. Mark would bring me Starbucks coffee in the mornings before he went to meetings, and I thoroughly enjoyed the view, the coffee, the quiet times with God. The weather was lovely, the 40's through the 60's, a nice change from the 90's we left in Dallas that week. We enjoyed talking to some of the residents, who would say things like "yeah, it got really warm here this summer, we made it to the 80's!!!!!!". The falls were just amazing, the first night as I sat there watching, I was thinking of the hymn "It is Well With My Soul", and then the next day I was thinking "How Great Thou Art". Just amazing. And a great time with my husband as well. Here are the pics...




This was the view from our hotel room of the Canadian side of the falls (also known as the Horseshoe Falls)








Here we are, lovely huh?











These are the American Falls









Another picture of the Horseshoe Falls (just in case the ones before weren't enough)








This is me eating grapes at a winery we visited. Beautiful place, and the drive out to this place was simply breathtaking.








This picture and the following were taken in the touristy part of town, kinda like a little Times Square or something. The Hershey store was my first stop!
























This picture and the following were taken on the "Maid of the Mist" tour. You hop on a boat, and it takes you right up to the falls. The mist created by the falls actually gets you pretty wet, but they give you these poncho things to wear, you can even keep it if you want to!


















At night, the falls are lit up. The colors keep changing, very neato.







And here's a short video clip...















4 comments:

Jill said...

I'm so glad I get the first op to comment on this one, of course it's not fair to the other's since I live at April's, and got to see her blogging this!

Those are just beautiful pictures! And I don't think there were any other perfect hymns that would come to mind standing right there, and viewing that! And did you catch that rainbow in the back of that one picture with Mark? Beautiful! So beautiful. I hope to one day be able to go up there myself. Lovely!

Heidi McKee said...

THAT WAS BEAUTIFUL. Thanks for letting me daydream and sip coffee with you in my mind! What a beautiful getaway! I'm so jealous. I'm going to be in your neck of the woods Tues. Nov 12. I'm doing a holiday open house at a friend's PLEASE come by with Jill I WWWAAAANNNNTTTT TO see you and the munchkins (or at least you)! (I sent you an email)

Mark S said...

It was GREAT and it is truely amazing the work of art that God has created for all of us to view.

Natalie said...

Wow, those are beautiful pictures! SOunds like it was a great trip!