Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Tooth Fairy Subject Comes Up Again!

If you follow me on facebook, and I can't imagine why you wouldn't, you'll remember that a couple of weeks ago I posted that Annika came to me and said "Mom, I told my whole class that their moms are the tooth fairy." And she was so proud of herself. Ouch.

So today, I went to the school to have lunch with my 2nd grader, Taylor. We're standing in line with her friends, and the tooth fairy subject came up, and right there in front of me and everyone else she said "you know your mom is the tooth fairy right?"

And it was really silent. And the kids are looking at me with an accusing glare. And both boys and girls alike are trying to control their quivering lips.

And then they all snapped out of it so as not to appear that until that very moment in time, November 11, 2009 at 11:30, they actually believed in Farrah Flossit.

And so they start, "I know, I mean how could a fairy actually get in the house, and "yeah, no one believes in the tooth fairy," sniff sniff

And I just kept quiet. And when the chaos had passed, I leaned over and whispered in Taylor's ear "from now on, we might just want to keep this between me and you."

So I'm just saying, that if you attend elementary school with my daughters, you might want to go ahead and come clean about the tooth fairy.

But PLEASE don't tell them that their dad is Santa!!

1 comment:

Eric said...

Don't worry - we had the tooth fairy/Santa double-feature this year. Prior losing his last two teeth, Jaden was a firm believer in both the tooth fairy AND Santa. Well, after the tooth fairy and her husband, the molar man, both forgot to leave a cash donation under the pillow 2 TIMES IN A ROW, Jaden became a little upset. We had to come clean...HAD to. We showed Jaden the drawer in our bathroom containing his teeth and admitted guilt. THEN he puts two and two together and confirms that we are also Santa. SIGH. Innocence lost so soon......I'm just glad that he hasn't announced to his school.Yet.