Thursday, July 10, 2008

A Girl Dad

Mark is definitely a "girls" dad. If we ever have boys, I know he'll handle them fabulously as well, but girls is all he knows. I've seen a few things lately that I thought were funny...a few months ago, I bought some new conditioner for the girls' hair...he said "hey, that new conditioner works good on Annikas' hair". If we didn't have girls, he wouldn't know anything about conditioner. Another night I walked into the bathroom, and he was blow drying Annika's hair with a diffuser. If we didn't have girls, he wouldn't know what a diffuser was. And just this morning, Annika showed us a rip in her Webkinz. Mark asked me if we had a sewing kit...and I'm thinking "yeah right, like you really know what to do with a sewing kit". Well he tracked it down on his own, and I look over in the living room, and he's sewing up her Webkinz. Of course the girls think it's the most amazing thing ever, they're showering him with praise "oh daddy, where did you learn to do that, oh wow"...and on and on and on. I'm thinking I would never get that kind of attention for sewing up a hole. And he's glowing from the praise, telling us all that he learned it in Home Ec in high school, he also learned a bunch of other things, like how to sort and wash laundry (but obviously not pick up shirts and socks from the side of the bed), how to set the table, all kinds of little tricks that haven't shown up in 8 years.

Anyway, he and those girls are "tight". He's a "girls dad".

4 comments:

Mark S said...

April your the best. I love your thoughts...

Taylor said...

Someone told me a while back the "guys" are missing a "chip". Is that why the clothes don't get picked up?? lol! What a great daddy!

Jill said...

April, Mark didn't take home economics, while I was living there, I was giving him sewing lessons! Ha!!!

SunJane said...

Hilarious! Sounds like you are very "hair knowledgeable", right this minute Kirby is cutting Claire's hair. Maybe you guys can exchange hair tips.
-sunny